THE BENEFIT OF DECORATIVE AGGREGATES
With decorative gravel and decorative stone, you get a lot of versatility in placement. Limestone or granite chippings can be used just about anywhere, and are ideal for a range of projects such as pathways, driveways, stone and pebble landscapes, and filling in awkward gaps.
A popular way to use decorative gravel is in between paving slabs, transforming an ordinary space into an area with great functionality and kerb appeal.
For lawns or paths that get waterlogged in the winter, decorative stone chippings are the perfect alternative as they can help to drain water more effectively. Garden aggregates can also be used to protect pipes around your building, and can even be used as an alternative to mulch for controlling weed growth.
Whether you choose warm golden tones, organic browns and greens, bright white aggregates, elegant pink gravel, soft grey aggregates, or multi-coloured decorative chipping, you’ll get a polished look that is extremely aesthetically pleasing.
GARDEN AGGREGATES IN EVERY COLOUR
At RF Paving, we make it easy to match your decorative gravel and landscaping stones to any style of property and for any exterior project, whether you want a traditional or contemporary look. From black granite and modern grey aggregates to creamy white aggregates and polar white stones for the garden, there’s a type of stone to suit your exact requirements.
If you need decorative chippings that bring warmth to property’s exterior, we recommend products such as our Golden Gravel. Or if you want to add dimension and intrigue to your garden, opt for a multi-coloured mix such as our Moonstone Flint gravel.
AGGREGATES DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR
We are proud to offer an extensive choice of colours, shapes and sizes of stone and granite chippings, with many of our products ranging from 2mm to 20mm. We provide this variety to help you find the right textural effect for your garden, pathway or driveway.
All of our decorative stone chippings and aggregate products are available to order in both 25kg bags and 875kg bulk bags (covering approx. 11sqm at 50mm depth). Enquire on the product page to find out more, and to arrange convenient delivery to your door.
Trusted Gravel & Aggregates Suppliers
For decades, we’ve been supplying Decorative Aggregates to tradesmen and homeowners across the UK. Our reputation for overall product range, customer service and exceptional quality has quickly led to us becoming the number one choice for paving and aggregates across East Yorkshire and the rest of the UK.
Check out our 5-Star Reviews for more information. Or get in touch with us today and our friendly team of experts will assist you in finding the perfect gravel for your next project – simply give us a call on 01977 782 240 today!
Uses of Decorative Aggregates
Gravel and other decorative aggregates are incredibly versatile in nature – especially thanks to their size! Let’s explore some of the common uses of landscaping gravel to give you some ideas…
- Filling awkward gaps – Once you’ve finished laying your paving slabs, you might find you’re left with some awkward little gaps that you just don’t know what to do with. Fortunately, this is where gravel and other aggregates come in handy! They’re the perfect size for filling in those small gaps and creating a professional finish.
- Creating a path – Wanting something different to traditional garden paths made from stepping stones or paving slabs? Why not try a garden path made from decorative aggregates! Gravel is great for paths as it’s highly durable and pretty cost-effective too. Plus its range of colours means you can create something completely unique and tailored to your space.
- Controlling weeds – Annoying weeds can ruin flowerbeds. But, by adding a landscaping membrane followed by a layer of pebbles or gravel, you can keep the weeds at bay pretty effectively.
- Improving drainage – Sometimes paving slabs may not be the best solution for your outdoor space, particularly if it’s liable to flooding! Fortunately, gravel and decorative aggregates make the perfect alternative. Unlike pavers, they allow water to run through them and into the ground. To benefit from the qualities of both, why not create a combination of pavers and aggregates?
- Landscape a pond – Pebbles and stones make the perfect addition to ponds and water feature areas. Plus, they’re great for wildlife and can add that natural river-like or beach-like aesthetic.
- Resurfacing your driveway – Gravel is a great way to cover a large area for an affordable cost. Thanks to its durability, gravel and other decorative aggregates make the perfect material for driveways. However, it is worth notion that they will require compacting and rolling multiple times as you build up layer by layer.
- Decorative borders – Possibly the most popular use of gravel and other aggregates thanks to their variety of colours and sizes. They can really complete a look and totally transform a space by adding that final touch that neatens everything up!
Looking for creative uses of gravel? Get Inspired today with some new ideas for your outdoor space!
Benefits of Gravel & Aggregates
Gravel has been used for many, many years and let’s be honest, it isn’t going anywhere any time soon either! This is thanks to the wide range of benefits it provides:
- Durability – Unaffected by adverse weather conditions, such as rain or snow and ideal for heavy traffic areas
- Easy to Install – Compared to other common materials for paths, patios, and driveways, gravel is one of the easiest to lay
- Drainage – Unlike paving slabs, gravel will leave your outdoor areas puddle-free as it cannot retain water
- Low maintenance – When laid properly with a landscaping membrane underneath, gravel helps to suppress weeds and doesn’t require any regular cleaning or watering like other garden surface materials
- Versatility – It can be used for a wide range of applications, from decorative choices to functional ones too. Plus, thanks to the enormous range of colours, shapes and sizes it’s available in, your creativity is really the only thing stopping you!
- Secure – Many homeowners like to have gravel at the front of their property as it makes a noise when it’s stepped on, making it an effective deterrent for burglars and other unwanted visitors
- Drought-resistant – Gravel comes in handy during the summer when the sun scorches down and removes all moisture from the soil, as it helps plants to survive these temperatures